Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Good News vs. Bad News

31-year old Sean sends me an email with a gift attached (on POF you can use your points to purchase online graphics and attach them to your email as a "gift").

Subject: Hey how are you
Sean: (Image of Wine Glass)

and what kind of glass would that be?

Me: Always red and always a chianti.

I check out his profile. Definitely not my type.

Sean: How does the top of the hub sound?...What time should the limo pick you up?

Me: haven't been there in years.

Notice, I didn't give him a time or ask him any questions. I'm not interested, but don't want to be mean!

Sean: That's going to change..... finally a girl that appreciates a nice date!

Me: I appreciate bad ones too. lol Where the hell is Hull, MA anyhow??

I'm lining it up to tell him that he's just too far of a drive for me. Translation: I'm not interested.

Sean: I am on the ocean about a hour from Providence.

And we've got the green light to send...

Me: To be honest, it's a hike for me.

Sean: who said you would be making the drive?

Uh oh.

Me: Well, at some point I'd have to, and to be honest with work, I don't have the time for a lengthy commute.

Sean: wow your pretty optimistic.... good newz I am in the process of moving I just started my own car dealership I mostly buy and sell on e bay and Hull in at the end of the earth plus I Sold my share of the house awhile ago thank goodness it a 3k mortgage... so I am looking for a place around Brockton and that only a 35 min drive... why do you thimk I am messaging you in RI?

Good news? Try, BAD NEWS. DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER TO ME!

Sean: THATS WHAT THE LIMO IS FOR LOL


Me: I am optimistic, but I'm also realistic.

Sean: Did I TELL YOU YOU HAVE A NICE SMILE?

Are cheesy compliments supposed to change my mind!?

Me: Yes, you did. Thanks.

He doesn't seem to understand that my abrupt answers indicate that I have no desire to banter back and forth with him.

Sean: lets do this one game of heads up hold em if I win we go to capital grill on you if you win limo and top of the hub?you call me its all over!

Ok, so now he wants ME to take HIM to the CAPITAL GRILL!? He's lucky if I buy him something off the Wendy's dollar menu.

Sean: we will pick this up on a later date good night!

2 comments: